While procrastinating—I mean taking a break from diligently toiling away at the keyboard and periodically wiping my brow—I dropped some little hints about my next book, The Red Rose.
- I’ve added a page for the book. Just click “Coming Next” up there in the menu.
- I’ve created a Pinterest board, which I’ve done for a number of my books. It’s particularly helpful for this book because so many of the locations are real or inspired by real places I’ve enjoyed during my almost annual visits to Edinburgh (Covid notwithstanding). So I’ll be updating that with location pics.
- I’m continuing to update my writing playlist. Again, this is something I create for every book, but they’re usually just for my own inspirational use as I write. This one, however, I’ve shared because it directly relates to the subject matter—which you’d know if you subscribed to the J.L. Jarvis Journal. (Click “News” in the menu to sign up.) You can find the playlist on The Red Rose web page with links to the YouTube, Spotify, and Tidal playlists.
- Since the last issue of The J.L. Jarvis Journal went out, I’ve discovered a new artist, Claire Hastings, and her song, “Fair Weather Beggar,” with a music video coincidentally shot in some key locations for my book. Watching this should really put you in the mood for The Red Rose!
- If you like what you hear, support the artists by buying their music.
Fair Weather Beggar, Claire Hastings